We typically release updates on Saturday nights, usually on a bi-weekly schedule. Sometimes if a new feature is small and highly anticipated we may have a weekly release cycle. Curious to see what we are working on next? Scroll down to Product Roadmap section at the end of this page. We welcome your feedback and suggestions, so if you don’t see something you need just reach out via live chat icon anytime.
Coming Soon: Spam Testing and Email Templates
Spam testing integrated into campaign management workflow. No need to leave BigMailer platform for spam testing your email or pay for this as a separate service. Want to be an early tester of this feature and give us feedback? Reach out via live chat icon.
Email Templates. You asked, we listened. We will be adding first set of email templates in the coming weeks, and ongoing basis for the next few months. Need specific template types? Reach out and let us know.
April 28: Auto-generated Text Version Of Your Email
Text Version of Email: Having a text-only version of the email is one of the factors considered by spam scoring filters. We are adding an option to generate a text version from your html version to help you save time and improve your campaign deliverability.
Apr 13: New User Role – Campaign Manager
Campaign Manager is another type of user that has less access than Brand Manager, specifically no access to List management to protect customer data in cases of employee turnover.
Mar 16: Custom Preview (Pre-header) Text
Email clients generate preview text from the first text that appears in your email, but most emails have “View this email in browser” appear at the tom and template design doesn’t always lends itself to a long text element at the top. You can now specify preview text for each campaign in BigMailer without having to manage it as part of your email template code.
Using preview/pre-header text helps improve open rates and engagement overall. We highly recommend you use it.
Mar 9: Support for Connecting Multiple SES Accounts
You can now use different SES accounts for some of the brands in the same BigMailer account. Great for franchises, businesses with multiple locations, and high volume agencies. With separate SES accounts you can choose to use dedicated IP addresses (or IP pools) on some brands, but not your entire account. This feature is not automatically exposed on all accounts, so if you are interested in using it please reach out and request it.
Jan: Bulk Contact Deletion at Brand Level
You can now delete contacts at brand level by uploading a file and keep/check a log of all past deletes. This functionality is helpful when you run promotions with partners and have unsubscribe data outside BigMailer platform and need to remove those external unsubscribes from your mailing list at BigMailer
Feb: Enhanced Campaign Management
We releasing an updated UI to manage campaigns with ability to:
- Filter campaigns by their status (Drafts, Completed, Archived).
- Assign “Archived” status to campaigns to remove from main view. This is helpful if you send test campaigns and don’t want to see them in your main view (since only draft campaigns can be deleted).
- Add custom folders/labels and move campaigns to those custom folders. This is helpful if you send frequent campaigns and want easy access to past promotions or special deal emails for easy reference and copy/re-engage.
Dec: New Reports and Re-Engagement Shortcuts
You can now see a delivery and engagement report by email domain, to help you identify any deliverability issues with specific ISPs (mail box providers). Just click on “View by Domain” link on the reporting screen.
You can quickly create a follow up campaign based on engagement, either for:
- Those who engaged with your previous campaigns. Just click “Re-engage” link next to Open Rate stat on reporting screen.
- Those who haven’t engaged with your email campaigns in the last X days (you can specify the date range yourself). Just select the option to use a segment and select engagement metric (did not open or did not click) to segment your list(s) based on.
NOV: Export/Delete Lists and Billing Updates
You can now export your lists with engagement and bounce data, as well as delete lists. We have also updated billing so you get charged immediately when your import causes your contacts to go above your current billing limit. That means that if you engage with your contacts and then delete them you pay for those contacts at least once. The immediate charge is incremental and pro-rated based on where you are in your billing cycle.
Oct 23: Transactional APIs, Brand Management
- 2 new transactional APIs added (add + update subscriber record)
- Agency: Brand access management by user
- Performance improvements for bulk campaign send time
Jun 24: Template Editor and Images Upload/Hosting
We added an enhanced email template editor to make creating and editing templates easier and without the need to know any HTML or touch the code. Format your template elements using the widget with familiar options. You can also save your templates for future use in your template library.
You can now upload and store images on BigMailer platform to use in your email templates. There is no limit and it doesn’t cost anything extra!
Mar 10: BigMailer Now Supports Transactional Email
Whew… we were a little behind the timeline we committed to on our product roadmap, but support for transactional emails is now live!. You can now add and manage your transactional emails, in addition to marketing (bulk) and automation campaigns (aka drip or email sequences) in BigMailer, included in all plans at no additional cost.
Jan 31: Email Automation is Here
The wait is over! You can now add and manage email automation campaigns (aka drip campaigns or sequences) in BigMailer, included in all plans at no additional cost.
What kind of emails can you add? Below is a list of examples for an e-commerce site or a membership-based product. If the customer signed up for a newsletter you can tell them what to expect, e.g. how often you send updates and a promise to keep content valuable and interesting.
- Welcome email. Condition for trigger: Email is added to a list (1st email in your sequence). This one is a must for email marketers. This is your opportunity to re-engage the user but also tell them about major features they can explore, highlight next steps for taking advantage of their new account, or point them to articles on product usage tips.
- Can we help you? Condition for trigger: 1-7 days after welcome email (step 2 in a sequence). Use this email to offer helpful content or remind user how to get assistance with any issues they might be having, also to highlight methods for support (chat, email, phone).
- Ready to subscribe/upgrade? Condition for trigger: 3-30 days after Step 1 or Step 2 + not in your subscriber list (you should have one).
Read more about Automation Campaigns in this blog post that we will keep updating with use cases and suggestions.
We need your help prioritizing the features listed below, so if you have a preference please get in touch!
- IN THE WORKS: Integrate spam testing into campaign management workflow.
- Switch tracking url in the emails to a shorter domain name from app.bigmailer.io to shorten the URLs
- AB testing on subject line and/or send time.
- Email Validation / List Cleansing. This is a big one for us and something we will be rolling out in phases throughout 2019. We want to help new customers bringing old/unused emails into our platform send out their first campaigns without triggering high bounce rate or SES account suspension. This will be supported by a combination of email validation and machine learning (AI) applied to list (new contacts) analysis.
- Accounting – Detailed Invoices. This feature would be useful to agencies that manage multiple brands. The monthly email receipt and invoices will break down your total monthly cost by brand, so you know what to charge your clients or to just know what each brand on BigMailer platform cost you.