BigMailer Now Supports Transactional Email (March 10)
Whew… we were a little behind the timeline we committed to on our product roadmap, but support for transactional emails is now live!. You can now add and manage your transactional emails, in addition to marketing (bulk) and automation campaigns (aka drip or email sequences) in BigMailer, included in all plans at no additional cost.
Email Automation is Here (Jan 31)
The wait is over! You can now add and manage email automation campaigns (aka drip campaigns or sequences) in BigMailer, included in all plans at no additional cost.
What kind of emails can you add? Below is a list of examples for an e-commerce site or a membership-based product. If the customer signed up for a newsletter you can tell them what to expect, e.g. how often you send updates and a promise to keep content valuable and interesting.
- Welcome email. Condition for trigger: Email is added to a list (1st email in your sequence). This one is a must for email marketers. This is your opportunity to re-engage the user but also tell them about major features they can explore, highlight next steps for taking advantage of their new account, or point them to articles on product usage tips.
- Can we help you? Condition for trigger: 1-7 days after welcome email (step 2 in a sequence). Use this email to offer helpful content or remind user how to get assistance with any issues they might be having, also to highlight methods for support (chat, email, phone).
- Ready to subscribe/upgrade? Condition for trigger: 3-30 days after Step 1 or Step 2 + not in your subscriber list (you should have one).
Read more about Automation Campaigns in this blog post that we will keep updating with use cases and suggestions.
- Transactional email support and documentation. You can already setup some transactional emails using our Automation feature directly in BigMailer UI, but we want to allow developers to trigger transactional emails from their code and define custom content that includes customer or transactional data. Yes, this will be available on all plans at no extra cost. Our promise – documentation will be beautiful and practical thanks to ReadMe.io features like generate sample API call code in multiple languages, make test API calls directly from UI, etc.
- Hosted images and email template editing UI plus a collection of some basic templates to get some of you started
- Support for promo codes. We have been offering discount codes to various developer communities and applying them manually, so thought it would be cool to simplify the process and let new customers apply the codes themselves without needing to reach out to us.
In March, we are focusing on supporting features for template editor. Here is what’s on our list:
- Enhanced email template editor.
- Ability to store custom templates.
- Support for hosting images on BigMailer platform.
- Library of basic email templates for common uses (announcement, content digest, etc.)
- Archiving campaigns. This helps you move out all your test campaigns from main view and allows us to optimize UI and backend resources based on this filter.
- Email Validation / List Cleansing. This is a big one for us and something we will be rolling out in phases throughout 2018. We want to help new customers bringing old/unused emails into our platform send out their first campaigns without triggering high bounce rate or account suspension. This will be supported by a combination of email validation and machine learning (AI) applied to list (new contacts) analysis.
Product Roadmap Q2-Q4 2018
We could really use your help prioritizing the features listed below, so if you have a preference please get in touch. We might even move some popular items into our Q1 2018 list.
- List Management and Scrubbing. This would allow list owners to scrub emails that bounced from the active contact list. This would reduce cost since you get billed for active contacts stored. Possibly more important is that scrubbing bad emails would make your engagement stats more accurate.
- Accounting – Detailed Invoices. This feature would be useful to agencies that manage multiple brands. The monthly email receipt and invoices will break down your total monthly cost by brand, so you know what to charge your clients or to just know what each brand on BigMailer platform cost you.
- Resend Campaigns to non-Openers. Ability to resend campaigns to recipients who didn’t open your first email. You can already do this now with segmentation by simply copying a current campaign and sending it based on engagement with previous campaign, but we want to streamline this action to help you reach your performance goals.
- Custom Preview Text. The preview text in email clients is generated from the content of your email – it’s typically the first text that appears in the newsletter. Many emails contain “Email doesn’t look right? See in the browser” type text at the very beginning of emails and some email designs don’t lend themselves to optimal preview text, so we want to add a custom field to help you improve your open rate. We hear it dramatically improves engagement.