Why Use and Connect Multiple SES Accounts in BigMailer
SES is generally structured around the idea that each AWS account is independent in its sending and can be treated as a separate entity, but there are a variety of situations in which one actual underlying entity may need or want to send from multiple AWS accounts.
Sending from multiple AWS accounts may be a good way to use SES in various situations, for example:
- You are an agency and manage multiple clients with their own AWS/SES accounts with their own send limits.
- You want to separate email communication types between multiple identities (e.g. products or locations) and keep billing or stats separate
- You want to use a combination of dedicated IPs and shared IPs.
How to Connect Multiple SES Accounts in BigMailer
By default, this feature isn’t automatically exposed on new accounts, either free or paid. Please use live chat icon on the site to request this feature to be turned on. Once it’s available on your account, use these steps:
1. Click on “Account” link in the top right of the site, then select “SES”
2. On the SES settings page click “Configure New” and follow instructions for connecting to your new SES account. Make sure to give your SES account profile a meaningful name to help you identify it when you assign it to a brand.
How to Assign a SES Account to a Brand
1. From the main brands list, click on the “Settings” button next to the brand you want to assign your new SES account to.
2. Scroll down to “AWS Settings” section, then select an SES account from the dropdown, click Save.
You can assign a new SES account for each brand, or groups of brands, or mix and match those however you want. Just don’t change these assignments often – they should remain the same to not change the IP pool that the emails will come from, which may be something an inbox provider may take into consideration when evaluating a sender’s reputation.